Tuesday 12 April 2011

DIY!

Another project I've been working on for our new home is sunburst mirror. I found the tutorial on this amazing blog Isabella & Max Rooms written by Janell.

BWS tips button

You can find her tutorial here. Her mirror looks amazing and her home is really beautiful!

She inspired me to make my own. The first problem was where to find a mirror. It's not so easy in Slovenia to find cheap mirrors with frame. So I went with one without it. I found it at Dipo for 21 eur. Next I needed some branches. I found them at IKEA for about 2 eur for one pack of 20, maybe 30. I needed five of them. I got lucky and they were already painted white.
Then I followed the instructions and realized that it would look so much better if I glued the branches on the back... Of course I thought about that after I glued quite a lot of them already :) After that it went perfectly! I was done in one day!

Then the real problems started. Because the mirror has no frame it also had nothing to hang it on the wall. I don't know where will we put it, so the gluing it to the wall wasn't an option. We went to a hobby shop, then to frame shop and no one knew what to do. At the fifth store the saleswoman suggested that we 'glue' a hanging hook with silicon. We did it and it looked great! Till the next morning... when we found it on the floor, luckily not broken, but the branches did fall of or brake.
Now we glued hooks with two component adhesive, fixed the branches and ta - da!

It will look amazing in our home when we finish it! Comments always make me happy! :)

And today I have a request for all of you. Please vote for my sunburst mirror at Pattex Power Competition. Just click the button that says 'Glasuj'. You can vote every day till 24/06/2011. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment